INSIDE TECHNICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE
BIOFerm™ Energy Systems, Inc. is currently looking for an Inside Technical Sales Representative. BIOFerm™ is a Wisconsin-based renewable energy company providing turnkey anaerobic digestion and gas upgrading facilities in North America. Committed to sustainable and economical organic waste diversion, BIOFerm™’s digester technology harnesses biogas from fermenting organics—food waste, manure, biosolids, etc.—and converts it into valuable green energy, vehicle fuel, heat and organic products. Its modular Carbotech Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) gas upgrading systems enable North American biogas producers to profitably upgrade biogas to natural gas (RNG).
BIOFerm™ is looking for an Inside Technical Sales Representative with an interest in biogas as a renewable energy source, waste to energy technologies and a desire to further the development and research of biogas technology.
Essential Job Functions
• Grow potential client base by actively pursuing potential clients in agricultural and industrial sectors that would benefit from biogas systems
• Interact with potential clients, evaluate and understand requirements and provide accurate technical information to estimate costs of an appropriate system
• Complete feasibility studies, including biogas production estimates
• Interpret lab testing results of potential feedstock
• Develop potential leads into viable projects by following up with interested clients and providing information about biogas technology, carbon offsets, renewable energy grants
• Represent the company at tradeshows and conferences- scheduling, writing abstracts, giving technical presentations and staffing our booth
• Research and understand the market, competitors and their projects, feedstock sources, and possible projects to pursue
• Compile responses to RFP’s, RFI’s, etc.
• Maintain and organize potential client files
• Travel to field sites to speak with clients
• Related tasks as needed
Competencies & Qualifications:
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Microbiology, Organic Chemistry, Agricultural Operations Management, Dairy Science or related science
5+ years of sales experience selling large capital equipment, over $1M preferred
Must be able to demonstrate a record of selling multi-million dollar projects to C level executives
Ability to effectively discuss and present technical concepts
Experience in technical sales and desire to work in sales
Experience with and knowledge of anaerobic digestion process and ability to apply engineering principals
Great interpersonal skills and professional personality
Driven attitude and desire to learn
Be comfortable communicating on a technical level when working with outside customers and the internal engineering team
Must possess strong organizational skills, great attention to detail
Willingness and desire to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team on several tasks/projects
Advanced computer skills including use of Microsoft Office and ability to learn new programs
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, and be comfortable with public speaking
Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment
Willingness to travel up to 75% of the time
Must be authorized to work for any company in the United States. Must not require sponsorship, or continued sponsorship to work for any company in the United States
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.