BIOFerm™ Energy Systems, Inc. is currently looking for an Engineering Intern. BIOFerm™ is a Wisconsin-based renewable energy company providing turnkey anaerobic digestion and gas upgrading facilities in North America. Committed to sustainable and economical organic waste diversion, BIOFerm™’s digester technology harnesses biogas from fermenting organics—food waste, manure, biosolids, etc.—and converts it into valuable green energy, vehicle fuel, heat and organic products. Its modular Carbotech Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) gas upgrading systems enable North American biogas producers to profitably upgrade biogas to natural gas (RNG).
BIOFerm™ Energy Systems is looking an entry level engineer, engineering coop or intern to assist and support engineers with the design, project documentation, process creation and onsite activities Applicants should be highly motivated with a willingness to learn and to grow with the business.
Essential Job Functions
• Ability to convey technical concepts in an easily understood manner, both verbally and in writing; clear and concise verbal and written communications.
• Ability to comprehend and revise CAD models of construction plans, system designs and components
• Create project documentation, compile datasheets and edit user manuals
• Develop design practices and standards
• Perform component and supplier research
• Create, coordinate and manage project information, schedules and budgets with external engineering resources
• Understanding of and desire to work with mechanical, electrical, and construction systems
• Evaluate and summarize engineering information for proposals, documentation or presentations
• Various related tasks
Competencies & Qualifications:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, or Biological Systems engineering, with a minimum GPA of 3.00/4.00
• Coop / Intern applicants
a. Must be enrolled in an approved four-year related curriculum and if applicable a formalized coop program at an accredited university
b. Must be a Junior, Senior, or recent graduate
c. Must have cleared their school schedule so they will be available to work full-time hours (40 hours per week) through the entire co-op/ intern term or terms approved by the Company and the University.
• Strong mechanical, electrical, or construction aptitude and creative ability; self-motivated; ability to work under general supervision
• Proficient in AutoCAD or equivalent
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Comfortable using standard tools and test equipment (i.e., multimeter, general hand tools, soldering iron, etc.) to perform assembly, testing, repair, and troubleshooting
• Project management and scheduling software experience
• Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
• Excellent teamwork, coordination and communication skills
• Valid US driver’s license required
• Willingness to travel and valid US passport required
• Must be authorized to work for any company in the United States. Must not require sponsorship, or continued sponsorship to work for any company in the United States
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.